100 Mile Challenge

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Doors and Windows

I know I said that I was going to weigh myself once a month, but I got curious.  In eight days I have gained two pounds.

I started with the GYST Challenge because I am the type of person who likes to set up for something before getting started.  I'm all about doing the research first and things like that.  So I figured that getting into a regular sleep schedule and cleaning the pigsty and having school stuff out of the way would make a great start.  It turns out I don't have the luxury of doing weight loss the way I do other things.  For this, I have to just dive in.  Apparently I can't be trusted to just "wing it" on diet and exercise while I set everything up.  That is why I am replacing the GYST Challenge with a new one today. 

The new challenge has to do with food.  I'm calling it the Home-Cooked Challenge, and it is a long one.  I'm going to stay on it until I am in ONEderland.  That could take months, but I was thinking back on all the things I've eaten for the first eight days of June and I realized that I needed something strong and serious to get my eating habits in order.  The challenge is to never eat anything that I did not cook myself.  I eat out a lot, and I almost never make good choices when I do.  I will seriously go out at get half a dozen Krispy Kremes and eat them on the drive home and then hide the box.  It's a serious problem.  So from now until I'm under 200 lbs, I will only eat what I myself have cooked. 

Since the HCChallenge has an indefinite length, I figure I can have two challenges at the same time if I really want to.  I don't currently want to, but once I get used to all the cooking I probably will.  The only rule is, the secondary challenge has to have a time limit.  Only one massive indefinite challenge at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment