100 Mile Challenge

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Thievery: A 21-Day Challenge

I got this idea from Andrew at http://waterballoonist.blogspot.com//.  They say it takes 21 days for something to become a habit.  Well, I need some new habits, so I'm going to issue myself (and anyone else who's listening) a challenge.  I'm calling this one the "Get Your Sh*t  Together" Challenge.  I don't know about you but my life is a mess.  I am so lazy.  I spend so many hours playing Sims, watching X-Files, and getting absolutely nothing done.  For the next 21 days, starting tomorrow, I want to get my act together.  But goals are just wishful words if they're not specific.  And measurable and attainable, while we're at it.  So here's what I mean, specifically:

1)  I will get up in the actual morning, not morning in the loose "morning is when you wake up" definition:   

Wake
Mon
7
Tue
8
Wed
7
Thu
8
Fri
7
Sat
8
Sun
7


2)  I will clean something every day of the week.  I will keep up with the dishes every day and also add:

Wake
Clean
Mon
7
Kitchen
Tue
8
Bathroom
Wed
7
Kitchen
Thu
8
Laundry
Fri
7
Bedroom
Sat
8
Kitchen
Sun
7
Living/Dining


3)  I need to actually do my job and my homework.  I think it's best to just schedule time in for that: 

Wake
Clean
Work
Mon
7
Kitchen
9am-3pm
Tue
8
Bathroom
11am-3pm
Wed
7
Kitchen
9am-3pm
Thu
8
Laundry
11am-3pm
Fri
7
Bedroom
9am-3pm
Sat
8
Kitchen
----------
Sun
7
Living/Dining
----------


When this challenge is over, I will do another one.  It will involve either food or exercise, depending on which one needs the most help at that point.  

I think that this will probably be the hardest challenge for me.  I don't want to be a grown-up.  I never really got to be a kid, and now society is telling me I have lost my chance.  It makes me sad.  But I can't rebel by simply not doing the things all adults need to do.  That won't actually work, it won't get me my childhood back.  So it's time to face the facts and stop living in a dump.  Maybe I can schedule in some time to jump in some puddles.  That was probably the saddest sentence I've ever written.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to be a kid again, just for a little bit?  I need to know I can still at least visit the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment